Let’s gather some impressions of Saros/E.
There are several features that enable you to remain aware of what
your collaborators are doing.
- Marked files, which users with write-access have open (yellow) or
- Current text selected by another user.
- Text changed by another user (by default, the last twenty edits
- Current view scope of other users (i.e. what portion of a
file can they see).
The main components of the Saros interface.
- The users in the current session. Notice how their color here
matches their annotations in the editor.
- The contact list, where all the people known to you are kept.
- The chat window. Here you can send instant messages to everyone in
the current session.
As Saros/I is still in its early alpha stages and the UI is still actively being changed, we haven’t gotten around to create this page yet.